Sunday 13 January 2008

1997 Land Of The Midnight Sun - The Wheels Roll


Guzzisue told me that she was woken at 5.30 by the sound of waves crashing against the side of the ferry. By 6.00 both of my friends were walking around the deck while I was still on guard duty.

We docked in Stravenger at 8.00 in order to let some of the passengers off into an overcast morning before continuing up the coast passing many small islands. I cannot describe them as once again I returned to a closed car deck with no one to talk to getting impatient, I want my adventure to start!!!

Yippee,we’re off the ferry. We managed to be last out through customs but not to worry as then Ian could adjust to riding on the wrong side of the road without too many other vehicles behind him and we tailed someone for a few junctions and roundabouts so he could get used to the new experience.

We came north expecting the weather to be cool, but boy was it hot leaving Bergen.

Departing Bergen we first reached Voss and then over an amazing pass that beats Applecross hands down to Vangsnes where we stayed for the evening. The bike was packed with a tent and all camping equipment but we decided to hire a camping hutte for the night. This came complete with electricity, a small cooker, some utensils and a nearby water tap. Luxury and roll on tomorrow.

No comments: